Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Bobby Rivers Holiday Message

Christmas week has been a very animated one for me.  I've spent a few happy hours watching the animated holiday special I loved so much in my youth.  I watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
I sang along with the characters on the Island of Misfit Toys after I had a very long day of job-hunting in New York City, the real life Island of Misfit Toys.
I watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  A few years ago, some hipster entertainment columnist compiled a list of the Top 10 dogs we loved in movies and TV.  He left out Max.  How could you leave out the Grinch's Max, one of the coolest canines ever on TV?
Of course, I watched my favorite -- A Charlie Brown Christmas.  I watched that at least three times this week.  It touches my heart every time.  Probably even more so now that I'm an adult.  Come on.  Admit  it.  How many of us have been so battered around by the Recession, romantic disappointments and career frustrations in our grown-up years that we wind up feeling just like Charlie Brown's tree?
We long for the moment when someone, like Linus, will come along and realize that all we need "is just a little love."
Ya know....I may keep watching these classic animated holiday specials over the weekend.  They're fun, spiritually uplifting and they make me laugh.

I should have posted this short holiday message yesterday, December 25th.  But a dear friend of mine fixed me a festive cocktail and I got so busy giggling that I forgot to post it.  Well, here it is -- and the heartfelt message still applies.


1 comment:

  1. I hope all the cheerful animation only encouraged you in your job hunting. We need to see more of you on (national - I'm in Florida) TV!

    ReplyDelete

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...